Most IPTV users are wondering if using IPTV is legal or not? This is clearly legal when using Youtube and Netflix. But Some IPTVs are legal, some are not.
If you have been to a number of houses and also had the sweet experience of watching their television, you may have come across something very advanced. Their Television set does not work like traditional television sets. Apparently, they get to select stuff with their remotes. Weird, right?
Not really. This is most probably an IPTV service that you have come across and it is more common than you think right now. In fact, it is high time you got one for yourself as well.
As the name suggests, it is very much like a TV service. But, the first “IP” is what makes a difference. It has the Internet Protocol involved in it. But, that is not enough for you to make a decision, is it? Let’s get to know everything we can about this new yet amazing service.
What is IPTV?
Well, let us repeat the general definition again- it is basically Television services offered using the Internet service. In fact, you get to stream the general television channels alongside more using the IPTV service. Now, there is quite a variety of services that you get to enjoy. Let’s talk about them.
1. A Good Range of TV Channels
Well since it is a television service, you get access to quite a number of channels- both ordinary and premium. Now, you cannot possibly get all the channels that exist in the world through one IPTV service. This is why you have to carefully consider the range and type of channels that the IPTV service provider supplies you with.
2. Video on Demand (VOD)
This is probably what you find most fascinating when you come across any house having an IPTV service. You get to select what you want to watch right when you want to watch it. With the usual television network, you have to wait for the channel to play your favourite shows. However, the IPTV service provides you with a Video on Demand service.
You can access a good range of movies and TV-series using this IPTV service. Now, in this case, too, you have to check if the range of movies and TV-series that the service provider offers is to your liking or not. Then, you can make the final decision.
3. Live Stream Services
You can watch Online live stream services using IPTV services. Well, live videos are getting more and more popular now. Once upon a time, it was only sports and news that went life but now pretty much everything can come live. So, IPTV services offer you this feature as well. You can watch and join live videos and also. Possibly, comment if you are using the right device.
4. Record The Videos
If it is a TV channel show that you like watching then you do not want to miss it. It is hard to wait for the recaps and you cannot always make time to watch the show right when it is aired. This is where IPTV services come to the rescue.
Apparently, you get certain features like recording shows when you are using particular IPTV services. Keep in mind that not all service providers supply you with all these services. Some may not include one or more of them.
5. Electronic Program Guide (EPG Support)
This is one of the things that make IPTV services so grand. In fact, this is exactly where it wins our hearts. You get to control all the services that the IPTV service provides you with. Because the Electronic Program Guide is such a technology that lets you play, pause, stop, resume, rewind, and record. You can do whatever you want whenever you want. Feel like a king!
The Way IPTV Actually Works
How do you use traditional television services? You either use the cable network or the satellite dish. Well, it is mostly a satellite dish in vogue right now.
Whichever it is, you are completely dependant on that particular form of technology. But, IPTV works using the Internet. It can be your Gigabyte Ethernet or the WiFi connection, whichever it is, IPTV is quite easy to use as long as you have the Internet Connection- you pretty much need a very few other things.
So, what happens with IPTV is that you subscribe to an IPTV service provider and it supplies you with the service. Then, it is transmitted using the Internet to whatever device you choose to use it on.
And, you pay a subscription fee for it all. Now let us check out in detail the things you have to do to get an IPTV service.
IPTV Service: The Art of getting it
What are the things you have to do to get an IPTV service? Here is a list:
1) Get a device
Well, you may already have one. If you plan to use the IPTV service on the device you already have then you can just keep it and find an IPTV service provider that serves to that device. Or else, you have to consider which device you want to use the IPTV service on. You mainly have three options:
1. Televisions: Well, we are talking about the smart televisions in this case. The ones that come with relatively big yet thin screens and with smart features. What you will love about using the IPTV services on these devices are the big screen and the great sound quality.
What you will not like is the difficulty you will face when navigating around. I mean imagine yourself holding the remote and making lengthy movements just to type the name of the movie you want to watch. Quite bothersome I tell you. And, that is the only thing you won’t like about IPTV service provided directly to your television.
2. Smart Phones: Thanks to their operating systems or more, smartphones are a great medium to experience the IPTV greatness. In fact, many people just use it on their smartphones wherever they go. So, you see, what you get is mobility. However, there is another thing you will love about using the IPTV service on your phone- you get to navigate very easily.
It is very much like the way you would normally use your computer or phone. Apart from that, what you will not like about the IPTV service on your smartphone is the size of the screen. Who does not like to experience art on a huge screen?
3. Set-Top Boxes and Sticks: These are usually devices that you buy specifically to enjoy the IPTV services. In fact, you will find many available in the market today and it will wear you out when you have to choose the best one. Now what these boxes do is connect the service to your television.
Also, they provide you with ease of navigation as you can do it using the box itself. So, you get to enjoy the best movies and pictures on the big screen without putting too much effort into it.
Apart from that, sticks are very similar to set-top boxes but it is mainly their size that makes the difference. You do not want to leave out set-top boxes around the living room and the stick version of it just helps you keep it minimal.
2) Get the App
Yes, you need the app to get the service. The devices won’t be able to receive your IPTV service unless you get the app. Apparently, you will find IPTV apps on Google Play Services.
If it is your Television you are using for the service then download an IPTV app there. The same goes for your phone and set-top box. Then, you can move on to the next steps.
3) Choose the Service Provider
When you look for one service provider, you will come across many. And that is when everything gets very tough. It is really not easy to choose an IPTV service provider. Here are some things you will have to consider in short:
- The Channel Selection: Make sure that the IPTV service provider you choose has the channels that you cannot enjoy without. Not just the channels but the movies and series too. Because you will find that various IPTV service providers offer a different range of channels.
- The Device Compatibility: If you have followed our instructions and considered the first step then you already know which device you will be using to access the IPTV services. Well, the bad news is that the various IPTV service providers do not make the service compatible with all the devices out there. That is why even if you like the service provider, you will have to check if the provider makes the service suitable for your device and format or not.
- The Region and Restrictions: You actually have to select the IPTV service provider based on the region you reside in. This is because there are certain restrictions in the region and also, the local service providers do way better than the international ones. This is because of the time maintenance. You get the service directly.
- Quality of service: This is where you consider the features that improve the quality of service. For example, the IPTV service provider equips its service with AntiFreeze technology and high uptimes. This makes sure that you do not experience irritating things like buffering or freezing during your time of recreation.
- The Reviews: You cannot make your final judgment about an IPTV service provider just by checking out their features. This is where you need to find your allies- who are the other customers. Check out their reviews to find out what you may have some trouble with when using the particular IPTV service.
4) Subscribe to the one you choose
This is very easy and the service provider’s site itself will give you a very clear idea. Well, the reason is clear, the IPTV service provider does not want you to leave just because the site was too difficult to handle. So, the subscription will be an easy thing to do.
All you have to do is choose the right package for you and provide all the necessary information. Then, you will receive an M3U link or URL. And, that is mostly all you need for the IPTV service to work.
In the IPTV app, you downloaded, you will find the option to insert the M3U link. Just provide the app with the link and connect the device to your television. The device you plan to use the application will get connected to the IPTV network.
Well, make sure that the device is connected well to the Internet as well. So, this is how you link all the separate parts and connect them to the same network.
Congratulations now! You have successfully mastered the art of getting your own IPTV service.
is IPTV illegal?
Yes, IPTV itself is very legal. But, with all legal things, people find a way to make it illegal, don’t they? Apparently, if IPTV breaks the Copyright Infringement Laws, it stops being legal.
Well, you probably know how serious the issues related to copyrights are anyway. Copyright laws are equally serious when it comes to IPTV services.
Another case of illegal IPTV is when the IPTV service providers spread content illegally and let people stream it without having the right to do so.
You see it is mainly the service providers committing a crime. But, you can very well fall victim to it. That is why you have to figure out how to pin down the illegal IPTV services. Well, it’s not always clear but you can notice some hints.
How to save yourself from illegal IPTV services?
These are a few of the steps that may help:
- The application you download for the IPTV service should usually not come free. You have to download it from a reliable source. Because the apps can prevent illegal IPTV services and some apps are only compatible with the legal ones.
- The Payment Style- Usually IPTV services will usually have a monthly payment method although this is not true in all cases. However, Illegal IPTV services often ask for the fee in just one go.
- The Device you plan to use the IPTV service can prevent the use of illegal IPTV service providers. Apparently, these devices have restrictions in them or you could say protective features that forbid the use of it with illegal IPTV services. So, you can choose the android or set-top boxes carefully to see if they actually prevent the illegal services. So, you get saved automatically.
Should you use a VPN with your IPTV service?
It is best if you do. There are various reasons for which you should use a VPN with your IPTV service. Let me point out a few:
- Anonymous streaming: As the Virtual Private Network hides your identity on the Internet, there is a lot of other things it hides along with it. Apparently, your information is quite valuable to a lot of companies out there and there are a lot of things that you do not know of on the Internet that is trying to get your information and sell it. This is where a VPN helps by keeping you anonymous.
- Better Network: Since it is your own private network, VPN provides you with a good speed. So, you will not experience as much network traffic as you used to. Furthermore, the network won’t be there with a poor signal as often.
These are the two main reasons you should use a VPN with your IPTV service.
Are Netflix and IPTV services the same?
No, they are not. Even though yes there are similarities, they are actually very different. When it comes to similarities, both these services use the Internet to reach you.
Now, let us talk about the many differences.
Firstly, Netflix is actually an OTT which means Over the Top service. On the other hand, IPTV is just an IPTV service, a separate being on its own.
The difference mainly lies in what the supply you with and the control your Intern Service provider has over it. Apparently, when it comes to OTT services like Netflix and Hulu, the ISP service has no control over what the OTT service provides. All the media content are supplied according to the liking of the OTT service itself.
But, the case is quite different when it comes to IPTV. You see even when using the same service, you will get different channels in different regions. This is because the ISP can control what the IPTV service plans to provide you with.
Well, this is the reason why you have to consider the channel selection and the various region you reside in when looking for an IPTV service provider.
Other than that, the IPTV service provider will have high-quality content of their own. On the other hand, the OTT services depend on the quality of your internet connection. If your internet connection is good enough then the quality you get over the OTT service will be good enough too.
The use of IPTV services is on the rise. There are many reasons for it but you can give most of the credit to getting what you want when you want and the amazing blessings of the Internet service. You can also see the difference between the OTT services and the IPTV services. Apparently, the IPTV service actually wins over the OTT services.
Apart from that, all the services that IPTV provides are quite amazing. With time, you will probably come across even better technology and features. However, you must also be aware that choosing an IPTV service is not easy.
Yes, the process of getting IPTV service is very easy. But, if you do not choose the right one for yourself, you are in for a life of suffering rather than a ride of joy. Because everyone in the house will slowly get frustrated about the ruined leisure times they experience.
So, consider everything, choose carefully, and pay for something that is actually worth it. IPTV services are surely worth it but only if you choose the right one along with the right design- and one that is legal.